Social Media Manager/Producer - 1901541
- Full Time
The Social Media Manager/Producer position is responsible for coordinating, writing producing and analyzing digital content for social media and the web with a focus on short-form pieces and posts designed to support SBUH/SBM mission, market brand messaging and to share information across channels.
The Social Media Manager/Producer is responsible for but not limited to:
- Writing, managing and executing stories and posts against a content calendar for the university's primary social media accounts.
- Managing the hospital's social media channels to coordinate and optimize campaigns, insights, analytics and outreach. Active member of the SBU social media and content teams; integrate and use Sprout Social platform
- Writing and creating integrated posts, as well as short-form content for the web site, programs, and newsletters that are served through social media.
- Social media posting, campaigning, networking and influencer building as well as coordinating affiliate accounts across the Hospital. Serving as coordinator of social coverage across communications, media relations and marketing.
- Managing digital projects related to social media and socially-driven multi-media content campaigns.
- Working with photographers, designers and videographers to create multi-media content designed for cross-platform integration to support the university's brand pillars and mission.
- Finding, reposting and proposing social stories and coverage of events that support the content team's calendar themes and target audiences.
- Supporting and protecting the brand through reputation management on all social channels
- Analyzing and reporting on trends, new tools, traffic and opportunities within the AMC social media marketing arena
- Coordinating efforts with University social media manager, schools of medicine, SBUH system affiliates, and digital marketing agency
- Understanding of social media advertising
- Bachelor's Degree in Media, Journalism or Communications.
- Minimum - 5 years social media management and networking, social content creation/writing, reporting and managing projects from conception to organization and fulfillment across digital media channels.
- Thorough understanding and practice with common social media applications, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn required
- Master's Degree in Media, Journalism or Communication.
- Additional experience in project and reputation management, content idea generation and integrated and interactive coverage - background in using rich media as driver needs further explanation and as a supplement to traditional content sharing and coverage, including working through social media to present content and distribute to relevant audiences.
- Software preferred Word Press, InDesign, InCopy, Omni Update, Filemaker, Excel, Database, Content and Project Management software such as Basecamp or To-Do or similar software.
Special Notes: The Search Committee will begin the review of applications on 5/16/2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients' lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island's premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region's only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County's only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation's first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Senior Staff Assistant
Job Field: Marketing and Communications
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Marketing/Communications-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Shift Shift Hours: 8 Pass Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Posting Start Date: May 16, 2019
Posting End Date: Ongoing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL3
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9xk2kjswh9dykgpc