Families are always looking for great stories to read to their children and we want you to join the team that markets to them!
Penguin Young Readers is seeking an Assistant Director to expand the digital presence for our classic and contemporary children's books. In this role, you will oversee consumer digital marketing efforts in the picture book, early reader, and middle grade publishing categories. This is an incredible opportunity to work with key brands and series including Eric Carle, Llama Llama, Roald Dahl, Who Was?, The Last Kids on Earth, Ordinary People Change the World, and Mad Libs.
Responsibilities for this role include:
* Managing the digital marketing strategy for a portfolio of celebrated and emerging children's book brands.
* Developing programming and growth tactics for house and brand-specific social media channels.
* Surfacing and testing opportunities with new digital technologies, platforms, and outlets.
* Maintaining and expanding our diverse network of consumer-facing websites.
* Conceptualizing and overseeing production of digital assets including video, photography, and graphics.
* Partnering with in-house retail, sales, and publicity teams to develop seasonal and year-round promotional calendars.
* Managing author and estate relationships for key properties.
* Managing a direct report, by delegating of work, overseeing progress, and ensuring growth and development.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.