- Full Time
To review book publishing contracts to ensure specific deal terms are accurate, negotiate changes independently and with the Director of Business Affairs and verify that all agreed upon changes are incorporated in execution copies before contracts are routed for signature.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and approve for signature book publication contracts, audio book publication contracts and amendments.
- Answer queries from agents by sharing information and interpreting contract terms.
- Assist with agency agreements and foreign agreements.
*** Additional job responsibilities may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 or more years prior legal and/or publishing contracts experience
- Ability to work independently and to work with others
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong verbal, communication, and negotiating skills
- BAITS knowledge a PLUS
Please submit resume and cover letter. We regret that due to the high volume of applications received, we cannot respond to all queries. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE