Senior Vice President, Olympic Sponsorship Sales
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Provide leadership and oversight for the JV sales teamLiaise with senior executives across NBCUniversal and LA 2028 to assess how greater organizational initiatives can support and enhance the sponsorship sales business of LA 2028Manage all sponsorship sales efforts for the JV, working closely with NBCU Olympics media sales to identify integrated partnership solutions for blue-chip brandsOversee senior sales meetings and provide mentorship and leadership in all facets of the sales cycle, directly participating in the business development and sales processHelp structure and manage the pre-sale partner identification process, supporting sales teams to identify brands to target for opportunitiesProspect and secure nine-figure deals in partnership with the media sales team for NBC OlympicsDevelop and execute strategy for category sales approachWork with the JV to build a function that allows brand partners to maximize their investment in the Olympics through efficient activation, interaction and measurementReport into multiple stakeholders at various levels of the NBC Sports organization, managing upward and downward to push the sponsorship sales agenda forwardDevelop and maintain senior-level contacts at premium brands and Olympic partners to help support individual partnership and build new businessParticipate in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the organization’s reputation and potential for successAttend major conferences and special events, building new relationships with major industry leaders and creating new business opportunitiesCommunicate frequently with the JV, assessing how to innovate consistently without violating IOC or USOC rules
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Sports Sales, the SVP, Sponsorship Sales will oversee all sponsorship sales activity across the JV on behalf of NBC Sports. This person will have access to assets and US-based IP for the Olympic games of 2022, 2024, 2026, and 2028. S/he will provide senior leadership over the JV organization’s sponsorship sales function, having a proven track record in managing inherently disparate branches and sales forces. This person will manage some of the largest brand relationships (USOC Sponsorships).
This person will have the ability to sell multi-faceted sponsorship agreements, reaching across a diverse array of TV, digital, video, and experiential assets to extract value.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Significant track record leading national/international sponsorship sales teams, with experience negotiating and closing complex, multi-million dollar deals
• A large network of senior and C-level relationships across both the sports industry and blue-chip brands that can be used for developing new business
• Strong ability to pull together assets from various platforms and build dynamic partnership packages
• A strong understanding of all social and new media platforms, and how sponsorship can be integrated into the ever-changing digital landscape
• Ability to develop creative solutions to meet the objectives of corporate brands
• Commercially-minded and results-driven; able to see the big picture and drive business while also engaging brands at the individual property level
• Knowledge of the Olympic landscape preferred, with an understanding of market trends, innovative activation, and executional strategies
• Strong negotiation, relationship and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized, with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to be a team player and establish strong working relationships with people throughout the organization
• Ability to maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude within the department and company at-large, as well as with partners, clients and other external stakeholders
• Willingness to travel
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal is the exclusive rights-holder for the Olympic Games in the USA through 2032, across every platform that exists today or is imaginable in the future. NBC has been broadcasting the Summer Olympics since 1988 and the Winter Olympics since 2002.
In July of 2017, the City of Los Angeles was awarded the 2028 Summer Olympics. As the official Local Organizing Committee, LA 2028 has formed a joint venture with the USOC for the purpose of selling in-market Sponsorships of Team USA (the rings) for 2021-2028 as well as various ticketing, licensing, and merchandising activities for the 2028 games.
The “JV” has engaged NBC Sports to assume full responsibility and oversight for these monetization opportunities. NBC Sports will now enter the advertising and sponsorship marketplace with full ability to sell “the rings” and the media together, bringing unprecedented opportunities to a select group of partners.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.