WSCV Investigative Producer
Location: Miramar, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Works closely with reporters and photographer/editors in production of stories.Cultivates and works with outside organizations and sources to develop story ideas.Identifies and pitches consumer and investigative angles on big daily news stories as well as longer-term enterprise stories that are highly promotable and will bring about change.Communicates story pitches and developments with senior staff. Seeks guidance from NBC News legal/standards team in producing and vetting stories.Collaborates with show producers to ensure consumer and investigative content is presented dynamically and accurately.Writes online versions of investigative reports and identifies additional digital content.Utilizes social media to increase audience engagement.
This is a great opportunity to join a duopoly investigative unit for a company with a strong commitment to investigative journalism. This producer position is best suited for a utility person who is a self-starter skilled at multiple platforms in Spanish and English. The Investigative Producer will be responsible for pitching, researching, producing and promoting compelling and enterprising consumer and investigative pieces.
• Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) with the ability to proficiently read, write and speak in Spanish.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in newsgathering and/or news production.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as an investigative producer preferred.
• B.A. degree or equivalent in areas such as Journalism & Communications, or related field.
• Must submit a resume/CV online as well as a link to recent work.
• Position is Monday-Friday days but must be willing to work a flexible schedule which could include overtime, nights, holidays and weekends.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Strong journalistic and communication skills.
Ability to produce network quality segments under tight deadlines.
Working knowledge of public records laws.
Analyze data and turn it into visual stories.
Must possess strong detail-oriented research and writing skills.
Experience shooting and/or editing video a plus.
Must have a creative approach to digital platforms.
Strength in using social media to engage audience.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.