6 days left
- Full Time
5280 Publishing, Inc., is seeking a full-time editor for 5280 Home, which is published six times per year and covers interior design, architecture, art, real estate, gardening, and the innovators who influence Denver’s ever-changing built environment. The ideal candidate is someone who can not only identify big-picture trends in Denver’s design scene, but also sweat the small details of magazine-making.
- Brainstorming and generating the editorial line-up for each issue with the editorial team, ensuring a breadth of style, storytelling techniques, and voices in each issue.
- Assigning and editing stories for each issue and top-editing every issue
- Working closely with the art director to create a vibrant, beautiful magazine
- Maintaining and building relationships with freelancers
- Participating in industry events and building/maintaining relationships with design-industry professionals across the Denver metro area
- Supporting marketing efforts to promote 5280 Home. These efforts include regular TV appearances and magazine-sponsored events and presentations.
- Keeping up with industry trends and news and discerning how they play out in the Denver market
- Writing occasional stories as needed
- Three to five years’ experience as a senior-level editor at a magazine (preferably a shelter publication)
- Passion for home design, architecture, and related fields
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong collaborator with a proven ability to lead a small team
- Ability to problem-solve and handle a high volume of inquiries and requests for meetings from industry professionals
- Detail-oriented and organized
Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Please submit cover letter, resume, and five writing/editing clips.
Apply for Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly