Responsibilities Edit daily video content for NBCSportsChicago.com and social media platformsEdit daily podcasts and handle publishing processCoordinate original content ideas with Multimedia ProducerKnowledge base of Chicago sports with ability to select interesting and compelling video content for fansMonitor breaking and developing news stories to ensure compelling, relevant video is published as quickly as possibleMonitor in-game action to identify key highlights for video sharingCommunicate and coordinate with Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears content teams.Other duties and responsibilities as assignedPunctual, regular and consistent attendanceBasic Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience minimum, preferably sports; Chicago sports experience a plus
- Must have strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with converting and compressing media
- Strong editorial decision maker; ability to know what makes “fan-first” compelling and valuable content
- Ability to work under tight time restrictions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Handles multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a strict deadline-oriented environment
- Teamwork - can work independently and in a small group
- Bachelor of Arts in communications, video production/media, or related fields (or equivalent experience)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.