What You Will Be Working On
The selected candidate will be responsible for designing end-to-end customer experiences and functional designs for all of our online digital consumer facing products that span across many different platforms: Web, iOS and Android apps, OTT devices, wearables and online video/social media technologies and any new emerging technology that we could use to reach more users.
Our products touch the lives of millions of users, supported by a strong team of engineers, editors, meteorologists and many more.
You will report to the VP of Product & Design and your role will require you to collaborate with different areas of the division to improve our existing products and launch new ones. Your responsibilities will include: Contribute to multiple digital project solutions running concurrently and working collaboratively with a multi-disciplined teamDesign the next generation of product features for apps, mobile web, desktop and emerging platforms, focusing on delivering the best and most relevant information for our audience.Conduct usability testing, document results and create recommendationsProduce appropriate sketches, wireframes, user flows and prototypes in an iterative agile environmentActively manage design projects and contribute to other initiatives for the teamDefine problems and design elegant solutions that meet business and audience needs Excellent eye for typography, hierarchy, color theory and use of white space
Help develop and evolve a scalable design system to be used across platforms.Create digital graphical assets including logos, icons and imagery for multiple local television stations.Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and be able to work within project parameters.Lead and participate in design discussions related to user experience and user interfacesEmbrace and apply design thinking principles with agile methodsDevelop original design concepts and manage the project through executionCapable of designing multiple creative solutions in a hands-on manner – and, then, able to objectively filter and evolve the best ideas.Skilled at presenting objectives, design approaches, and creative solutions to stakeholders in an articulate and persuasive manner. Participate in launching of apps within iTunes and Google Play storesRespond and complete a number of production tickets on a daily basisWho We Are
Our Product and Design team oversees the strategy, ideation, design, plan and execution of all digital products and features created for our users; meeting them wherever they are regardless of their platform of choice: web, mobile apps, OTT, smart speakers and any other emerging technology we can get our hands on!
We are passionate about design and always curious about new technologies and the possibilities that they unlock for the future of media. We like tinkering and experimenting and we’re not afraid to fail as long as we are always learning. Product Experience
- Show us what you got! The ideal candidate would have launched products in the space, from ideation all the way to production. Efficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle and other prototyping software
- Comfortable with inspect element
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience of graphic design production from medium to moderate complexity
- Ability to adapt quickly and creatively to any situation
- Proven record of working under moderate supervision
- Able to articulate design solutions to development resources
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered. Please include your online portfolio work samples and resume.
- You’re passionate about media and how it impacts the daily lives of people.
- You’re interested curious about how people consume and interact with content. You also want to challenge the status quo and influence the future of the media landscape.
- When you say “user first” you mean it, and you can back up your claims by showing your approach on previously launched products.
- You have led product initiatives where you have collaborated with different groups in order to achieve the defined goals and a successful product launch.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that allow you to have everyone always on the same page about where your product stands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web/Mobile design or equivalent working experience
- Minimum (5) five years proved producing UX/UI Designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience in the digital media landscape
- Detail oriented and self-starter personality
- Versed in Agile product management methodology and tools
- Proven history of managing multiple product efforts simultaneously
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.