Director - Communications, NBC News Digital
Location: New York, New York
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead and manager PR strategy, outreach and communications for all of NBC News Digital properties including: NBCNews.com, TODAY.com, MSNBC.com, Stay Tuned and our various apps/digital platformsDirect promotion of digital content on a daily basis, plus relevant data, analytics and digital trend storiesPromote content and storytelling to position brands for maximum marketplace visibilityServe as a media strategist and primary liaison with digital leaders for PR strategyIdentify speaking opportunities and panels for NBC News Digital and MSNBC Digital teamsFoster strong contacts with print, digital, and trade mediaPitch ideas and generate press materials, including press releases, bios, talking points, tweets, and pitch letters Note: This position will at times require weekend work.
Please note this is a short term staff position with an estimated end date of May 2020.
NBC News Digital is looking to hire a Communications Director to cover a leave.
The Director will develop and execute press strategies for NBC News Digital.
Responsibilities of the Director, Communications include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum 8 years relevant media relations and communications experience, political experience strongly preferred
• Excellent news judgement and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Willingness to travel and work on weekends
• Passion for news and journalism
• Experience with, and contacts in media/political talent relations
• Experience in data and ratings measurement
• Exemplary organization and time management skills
• Ability to work across and balance multiple teams, deadlines, and projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• A team player with experience working across different teams and leaders
• Ability to multi-task and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Strong media contacts
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Superior organization skills
• Strong understanding of social media platforms
• Ability to work across and balance multiple teams and projects
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.