Writer - Credit Cards
- Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
FinanceBuzz, a Launch Potato brand, is growing and seeking new team members to join our talented editorial team. As one of the fastest growing personal finance media companies of 2019, our ethos is financial empowerment with a strong sense of community. We guide our readers to make smart personal finance decisions to help them ‘make moves’ in bettering their lives.
While our headquarters is in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, we have a unique, international team distributed across several countries, and are a pioneering advocate of remote work. There is a lot to look forward to!
UNLIMITED CAREER GROWTH
- Work directly with the founding team, 4 Internet Execs who successfully developed and scaled double-digit million dollar online businesses from the ground up
- Hands-on training & mentorship with unlimited career growth across departments and brands
- Company-wide profit-sharing
PERSONAL HEALTH & WELL BEING
- Flexible paid time off policies including an additional 10 paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid time off for maternity leave
- Health insurance (stipend), dental insurance (100% covered)
INTERNATIONAL TEAM CULTURE
- Annual company retreats with the global team
- High-performing, transparent, and respectful team culture
- Dog-friendly workplace
As a Credit Cards Writer at FinanceBuzz, you’ll be responsible for producing high-quality content that helps our readers navigate the world of credit cards, credit card rewards, and loyalty programs. You’ll have deep expertise and a knack for explaining credit card benefits and points and miles in a way that’s engaging and easy to understand. You’ll also be able to adapt to various content types including short- and long-form stories and timely features, while keeping SEO best practices in mind without missing a beat.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Helping readers understand credit cards and how to maximize rewards while navigating the complexities of points, miles, and loyalty programs with consumer-focused stories
- Producing precise and engaging stories while maintaining high-quality standards
- Ensuring existing content stays fresh
- Writing 5-15 stories per week, depending on story type, length, and complexity
- Identifying trends and timely industry insights and collaborating with cross-functional teams to help shape content, social, email, push, and PR strategies
- Responding to media requests and serving as an ambassador of FinanceBuzz as needed
- Growing and fostering the FinanceBuzz brand as a top destination for credit card information and education
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Required: 2+ years of credit cards/travel rewards writing experience
- Expert knowledge on all things credit card rewards like points/miles/cash back, using credit card rewards to book travel, and ways to travel smarter using rewards
- Versatility to tackle a mix of story types and a willingness to jump in and help where needed
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- A data-driven approach and ability to interpret and incorporate data to strengthen a story
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple project
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to spot industry trends and write about them in a way that’s easy to understand and digest
- Understanding of social media best practices and how influencer interactions can help build credibility
- Familiarity with AP style and tools like Google Docs, Asana, and Slack
Want to be part of a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.