- Full Time
Pace University is a dynamic multi-campus institution which, in keeping with its motto, "Opportunitas", provides educational opportunities for a diverse student population. From its inception in 1906, Pace has welcomed motivated students regardless of sex, race, or religion. At a time when higher education was largely reserved for men, Pace's first classrooms included women who, like their male counterparts, were seeking the very thing to which today's Pace students aspire: a dynamic educational experience designed to prepare them for leadership in their professions, their lives, and their communities.
In the century since its founding, Pace University has grown into one of the largest universities in New York State. With campuses in New York City and Westchester County, Pace serves nearly 13,000 students offering a rigorous undergraduate liberal arts curriculum and post-graduate studies in wide-ranging fields from business and law, to sciences, health and the humanities. Recognized as the nation’s leading private university for upward economic mobility of students, Pace emphasizes teaching from both a practical and theoretical perspective so that its graduates are prepared to meet the challenges of professional leadership in the 21st Century.
Under the leadership of the President and Board of Trustees, Pace is poised to enter a new era of growth. Ambitious plans are underway to upgrade and expand the university facilities to reflect its status as a top-tier academic institution. In these efforts, Pace needs a strong individual to help ensure that the college is maximizing its exposure to the community at large.
Pace University is seeking a highly skilled, ambitious and creative marketing and communications professional to be the new Vice President (“VP”). Reporting directly to the President of the University, the Vice President will be responsible for raising the profile and public perception of Pace, a major priority of the University’s President and Board of Trustees; as well as building and maintaining a strong imprint in competitive media markets. The VP will direct Pace’s public information strategies and programs, provide leadership to the University’s government and community relations functions, build its public visibility and reputation to both internal and external constituencies, and ensure a strong, unified and consistent image and identity in all of Pace’s publications and marketing strategies, including its website. Strategic thinking and demonstrated success in organizing an integrated communications strategy, and a commitment to working collaboratively with University leadership, faculty and staff to effectively communicate the University’s mission and successes, are essential. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented with a high level of energy and drive, possessed of good judgement and a relentlessly positive attitude.
· Lead and advance marketing and communications strategy and programs
· Working collaboratively with constituencies across the university, especially Development and Alumni Relations, Enrollment Management, and the various Schools and Colleges, develop and execute a comprehensive communications plan including web, media publications, public relations, advertising and events, that leverages opportunities for all areas of the University
· In consultation with university leadership, and with faculty and staff representatives of relevant university committees, develop broad and consistent outreach efforts including the website, printed and electronic publications, the Internet and special events, such as lectures and symposia, that maintain consistent messaging, brand, graphic identity and overall look and feel, yet maintain appropriate differentiation among various programs, departments, schools, and campuses
· Develop a message that stresses academic excellence and preparation for successful professional careers; ensure the message reaches an expanding geographical area and enlarging target markets/audiences
· Provide leadership and management for the centralized marketing and communications, university special events, and government and community relations teams to increase capabilities and effectiveness; evaluate existing structure and talent against the goals of providing a proactive, client-focused resource
· Build a market-driven approach while devising metrics to determine the effectiveness of marketing and communications strategies
· Generate positive media coverage about the University, developing marketing efforts and materials to support university-wide fundraising efforts
· Through Government and Community Relations build strong external partnerships in support of carrying out the University’s mission.
Professional and Personal Qualifications:
· BA required; Master’s Degree preferred
· Proven communications expertise; experience developing integrated plans and programs for complex organizations with multiple divisions, preferably with some experience in higher education
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative marketing technologies and approaches to advance the University brand through integrated efforts
· Capable of developing a strategy and plan for increasing appropriate media coverage for the President, other senior administrators, deans, and the University at-large; proven experience in working with and advising people in high-level positions of public visibility
· Seasoned manager with a track record of developing and leading sophisticated teams
· Effective leader who can build relationships with people from diverse areas of the University and inspire those outside their direct sphere of control
· Ability to plan and meet budget expectations and function as part of a complex managerial team
· Skilled at keeping multiple projects moving forward simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to direct outside business partners and service providers
· Expert communication skills, oral and written, and detailed understanding of public media
· A catalyst for change, willing to challenge the status quo and follow up with concise recommendations
· Belief in the mission of Pace with a desire to become an active member of the University community
Compensation commensurate with experience; benefits are competitive.
Pace University is committed to enhancing its diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Pace takes pride in its pluralistic community and continues to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
For more information about the Pace University please visit their website at http://www.pace.edu
Pace University has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, Managing Partner & CEO
Harris Rand Lusk
122 East 42nd St. Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Please put ‘PACE VP’ in the subject line of your emailed application.