Associate Digital Designer
- Full Time
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, the publishing division of Wine Enthusiast Companies, has an open position in its Creative department for an Associate Digital Designer. This role encompasses the design and execution of a variety of digital projects promoting the winemag.com brand and its social iterations. The Associate will collaborate with editors, programmers, photographers and videographers to create content that is a strong representation of the strategic goal of the brand. This position interacts with the digital department as a whole in addition to outside vendors and consultants.
Under the direction of the Digital Creative Director, the Associate’s role will include:
30% Motion: Design and execution of short videos, animated type treatments, stop motions and gifs
40% Design: Design and produce a variety of support graphics including logos, banners, PDFs and emails to promote videos feature and peripheral projects.
30% Photography procurement: Assist Digital Creative Director and Photo Director on image research, outreach and editing. Photoshop retouching images where necessary.
In order to be considered we need to read the following key experiences and or skills included in your resume:
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge
- Microsoft Office: Word & Outlook
- Proficiency with managing image and project archives and folders
- Having Aftereffects, iMovie, Premier video production software would be advantageous
- Photographic skills would also be advantageous
Type of work ethic we are looking for:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and practice good time management
- Positive and consistent work ethic
- Adapt to situations & re-prioritize appropriately while maintaining multiple tasks
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Meticulous with details
- Some travel required for studio or on-location photo shoots (Approx. 1-2 shoots per month)
- Keeping abreast of software advancements via training and research.
Along with a great group of co-workers and a beautiful location we offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k with matching, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, an on-site gym with free fitness classes, a cafeteria, covered parking and the opportunity to enhance your wine knowledge by participating in our wine tasting classes.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please respond with a cover letter and resume. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match or current needs.
Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE