Content Publisher, Platforms Associate
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Under the direction of the Executive Editor, Digital, the candidate will run day-to-day digital programming for The Kelly Clarkson Show website, coordinate with additional teams to program content on mobile and apps, syndicate content to various platforms. Digital content includes video, photos, editorial, promotional items, and sales campaignsLead quality control for website, app and newsletterDaily scheduling of content so homepage content is refreshed multiple times per dayCurating related content and adjusting thumbnailsResponding to support emails, troubleshooting, liaising with other technical staff to assist with routine problemsCreate, produce and distribute an email newsletter weekly. Track metrics from the newsletter and analyze in order to grow audience developmentWork in concert with teams of content writers, designers, photo editors, video producers, and social experts to execute editorial strategies and create compelling new user experiences that capitalize on data. The data analysis supplied to the Platforms Associate guides and brings together the teams’ talents and expertise in the most effective and appealing mannerNavigate among executives and staff from The Kelly Clarkson Show in order to maintain transparency Forecast how The Kelly Clarkson Show’s digital audience will respond to on-air content and make decisions to best populate all platforms accordinglyTrack and analyze site metrics in order to inform decisions for both digital and show producersHandle all sweepstakes, special initiatives if they have a major website component Update all photos, videos and playlists across the siteCollaborate with internal NBC Digital teams on overall strategy and communicate with shows’ production teams. Ensure consistent brand positioning and marketing messaging
The Kelly Clarkson Show Digital is looking for a highly organized Content Publisher, Platforms Associate to execute the daily content needs for The Kelly Clarkson show across all of our digital experiences, including website, newsletter and more.
The Content Publisher, Platforms Associate will be responsible for updating and maintaining The Kelly Clarkson Show website, creating and distributing a weekly newsletter to engage new audience, and uploading content to our digital video platforms when needed. The right candidate will work with the Executive Editor to help create the best digital experiences for The Kelly Clarkson show and to attain key business goals. Knowledge of the latest digital and social media trends – particularly in the talk show space– is a must, and understanding of the television production process is preferred.
The winning candidate demonstrates the ability to simply get things done with a minimum of fuss, no matter what challenges swirl around them. Characteristics include strong writing skills, design taste, an extremely high standard of quality control, and the ability to tactically manage many competing requests effectively. The Content Publisher/Platforms Associate communicates and presents calmly, professionally and effectively to senior management, show producers and show talent.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience managing website, mobile, video, social and app experiences, as well as high traffic editorial, ideally for television shows
• Expertise with content management systems like Wordpress, Drupal as well as command of products including Photoshop, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong writing skills. Able to generate SEO-centric copy for promotions, blogs, videos, photos and other content. Extremely high standard of editorial quality control
• Thorough understanding of common web & interface conventions, as well as social platforms.
• Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Photoshop
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high visibility environment handling several ongoing tasks, sometimes with competing requirements, while staying positive and upbeat
• Able to cultivate and maintain healthy working relationships in several business areas, collaborate across the organization, and manage multiple constituencies and stakeholders to achieve goals
• Multi-task oriented, strong organizational process and time management skills
• Background analyzing data and trends using Domo, Omniture, Spredfast, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and similar traffic reporting suites.
• Effective in written and verbal communication with technical development team members, as well as non-technical resources
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Anvato MCP and The Platform MPX
• Familiarity with online video and video platforms like YouTube
• Can handle a high volume of work
• Proficiency working with both front-end and back-end technologies for web & mobile applications
• Grace under pressure, great people skills, high integrity and even higher energy
• Ability to learn new technology and concepts very quickly, adapting them into regular course of business
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.