Digital Video Producer
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Create minimum 3 digital video stories per day, often under tight news-driven deadlinesAbility to cut-down The Kelly Clarkson show pieces and edit into digital-friendly packages for publishing on social media and across multiple platforms Edit with ease in Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects or AVIDMust have keen eye for what will “click” and “go viral” and be able to pitch Supervising Digital Producer on smart edits to increase viral factorOn occasion, must be able to cut custom short form digital video in under 3 hours from end-to-end: Collecting reporting, writing the script, collecting assets/b-roll, producing and editing video, and posting it on social and web platformsOptimize video formats for distribution – be able to create concise, interesting stories with a fun voiceOptimize content for distribution across multiple media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and a variety of partnersShoot crisp, clean footage on DSLR camera & get clear audioCollect clear audio in the field and in the studio for custom contentAbility to create own digital video graphics Ability to shoot and edit multiple types of digital content from digital video to podcastOn occasion, write articles and create galleries to be posted on-siteContribute to team brainstorms by pitching content ideas that will help build video views, on-site and off-site traffic and audienceWork with Supervising Digital Producer to stay on schedule with show content and release it in accordance with shoot schedules
Do you have your finger on the pulse of what video content goes viral and why? Do you live and breathe all things social media, pop culture, viral content and have a passion for digital video production to boot? The Kelly Clarkson Show is hiring a Digital Video Producer who will be a part of our growing team of digital video producers and writers. This role entails producing and editing content for web platforms end-to-end. The ideal candidate has experience writing scripts, producing, reporting and sourcing information, collecting assets, and editing digital video, and posting it on social platforms. Experience in producing and consuming entertainment news will be very important to this role. This role will report to the Executive Editor, Digital, The Kelly Clarkson Show.
The ideal candidate is creative, adaptable, and very fast at writing and creating digital video content. Job duties include producing digital-first entertainment content for social, distribution, and mobile optimized platforms. The ideal candidate should have prior experience in entertainment video production, proven video editing skills, and a clear understanding of the key difference between traditional media and digital-first content.
Experience behind the camera, working as a reporter/producer, and a sensibility of how the set of a talk-show or a major production works is definitely going to help!
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum 3 years of experience producing video content for digital platforms
• Excellent expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Knowledge of AVID or willingness to learn fast if you aren’t familiar
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong copy editing skills, ability to self-edit your own work
• Must be able to work under extremely tight deadlines
• Must be able to work weekends and later evenings as needed during busy times like award shows
• Social media-savvy with the ability to post your own stories on social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
• Creative thinker who can look at entertainment trends and find innovative ways to tell a story in a digital video or other content types
• Ability to shoot footage on DSLR camera
• Knowledge of Photoshop
• Willingness to be an individual contributor while working within a team environment and contribute to the overall brand’s growth and success
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings due to news cycles and breaking news
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong understanding of digital metrics: page views, video views, how to gain new followers on different platforms, including on-site
• Strong understanding of digital trends
• Strong camera skills: ability to shoot your own videos using HDV cameras
• Comfortable on-set of a talk show and strong communication skills when speaking with different key stakeholders
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.