General Sales Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Cox Media Group Tulsa (Radio) is searching for a highly talented General Sales Manager (GSM) with a proven track record of recruiting and developing sales talent and achieving revenue success.
Are you a leader who gets real satisfaction in coaching people to achieve their full potential? Do you have a proven track record of recruiting and developing A+ sales talent? Do you tailor your management approach to each individual on your staff? Do you have a track record of working collaboratively with your peers? Do you have a solid track record of developing integrated marketing strategies for customers? Are you genuinely interested in making a difference in the lives of your people and customers?
If so, your best career move may be with us!
CMG Tulsa offers an environment focused on excellence and an opportunity to join a company with a strong sense of customer mission and sales talent focus. Excellent compensation, great benefits, all the necessary tools to get the job done and the best on-going sales training in America is our pledge to you. Responsibilities/Qualifications· Develop and execute a sales strategy that maximizes the talent on your sales team and the needs of your customers through the quality and quantity of engagements· Work in partnership with the current Sales Management Team to lead the CMG Tulsa Sales Team· Be accountable for driving, measuring and reporting on key inputs and outputs in reporting systems and provide regular updates to management regarding team performance.· Coach account executives and directly influence their ability to serve customers, develop new business and provide the best customer experience as well as achieving revenue goals· Establish and execute a revenue strategy that maximizes Radio and Digital media assets.· Recruit, train and develop highly talented sales professionals and serve our customers.· Work in collaborative manner with TV and radio sales teams.· Develop and execute a sales strategy that maximizes the talent on your sales team and the needs of your customers through the quality and quantity of your engagements· Partner closely with the marketing research and digital teams to guide the direction of our product offerings; be responsible for being voice of the customer so that we can innovate to meet their needs.
· Collaborate with Sales Operations to insure quality output.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent
· Minimum of five years of sales or marketing management experience required.
· Experience in leading, managing and coaching a high-performance sales team or equivalent media sales experience with proven success in business development, multiple category account development and success across multiple marketing product lines including digital media product services
· Excellent analytical skills in business analysis, sales forecasting and sales list management with the ability to analyze market trends and competitive initiatives; identify strategies for increasing market share and product usage.
· Excellent sales management skills including: negotiation, ability to clearly articulate goals and strategy, ability to provide direct and helpful feedback, recruiting and networking.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence in presenting to a group.
· Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines with an attention to detail.
· Natural ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
· Will represent Cox Media in the business community by attending local events and building relationships with key decision makers.
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.