Krurapp communications, a publisher of full-color magazines serving public service needs help NOW to meet the challenges of its editorial operation. If you are an ambitious candidate interested in generating content for print magazines that are a hybrid of People Magazine, Wired and Complex, send us your resume and work samples ASAP.
The ideal candidate is bright, self-directed, confident, self-motivated, full of creative initiative and will have the opportunity to:
- Report and write features stories, profiles, event stories and shorts: Snappy 200-word hits to 2,000-word narratives.
- Develop ideas, report and write stories about issues that can make a difference for public servants.
- Cover events related to public service and public safety.
- Contribute editorial support to monthly pages and special projects.
- Journalism degree
- Excellent writing, editing and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Impeccable command of AP Style
- Interviewing skills to find the detail that makes great stories.
- Desire to develop creative initiative and writing approaches
- Insatiable work ethic that facilitates putting the same effort into the big assignments and the little details
- Reliability to make deadline
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and make sound decisions under pressure.
Being based in New Jersey, New York, Chicago or South Florida is a plus.
Bloggers need not apply. We are looking for experienced journalists.
Please submit materials along with your availability to do an interview by phone or Skype/Facetime.