Sr. Sales Operations Financial Analyst
- Full Time
Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Operations Analyst will be a member of the Domestic Sales organization and the Sales Operations team, and will be responsible for business operations analysis. Under general supervision, the Senior Sales Operations Analyst will provide analytics support to a subset of HMH Operations and Sales Teams.
The role with the Sales Operations Finance team will be responsible for assisting with the annual sales and expense forecasts, deal pricing reviews and approvals, sales incentive compensation, in depth- analytics, and other business issues requiring financial or operational analysis to support the regional sales team and the business. The role will report to the Area Business Manager and will act as a financial, analytical, and operations support function for a sales region. The role will interact daily with the Account Executives and Sales Leadership for a region.
- Partner with Sales, Finance, and Product Mgmt. to lead the Sales Forecast and Budget Processes for the region including territory optimization and quota setting.
- Gather and compile data for budget analysis as well as in-depth analytics to support strategies in growing the business within the sales region and business segments
- Partner with Sales leadership to support pipeline management and reviews to grow sales across the region and within key product initiatives
- Prepare monthly business reporting, dashboards, and variance analysis identifying key trends and actionable insights to the teams.
- Collaborate with the sales team for deal structure, pricing, profitability reviews and approvals.
- Assist in the sales incentive compensation review process.
- Help develop and provide financial or operational training to the sales team as needed.
- Prepare Ad hoc analysis and lead or be involved in sales efficiency and operational efficiency project initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience. 5+ years preferred.
- Detailed working knowledge of MS Office with advanced skills in MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, data analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Business partnering skills with a high degree of accuracy/reliability and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Resourceful attitude leveraging others expertise and collaborating with other functional areas to get things done.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing deadlines, and prioritize work appropriately
- Flexibility to work as position demands
- Proven ability to act with confidentiality, discretion and flexibility
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English essential, comfort in working with multi-location teams
- Analytical skills for the purpose of providing the best financial reporting solutions and actionable insights
- Aptitude to own and manage small to medium sized projects with minimal instruction or oversight
- MBA/ Masters a plus
- Salesforce / Analytics Studio or other CRM experience
- SAP experience a plus
- Prior Project Management skills desirable