- Full Time
For more than 25 years, Cowboys & Indians magazine has covered the American West with award-winning stories and visuals that reach an international print readership of more than 850,000 and millions online.
The magazine is seeking a talented and resourceful fashion writer and stylist to help coordinate and lead print and online coverage. C&I produces several original fashion and product shoots each year, and maintains a bustling daily presence on the magazine’s website and social media platforms. We’re looking for an organized and creative all-star in the Western fashion industry, capable of coordinating, conceiving, and executing fashion and product shoots. The ideal candidate would come armed with industry contacts and knowledge, and be prepared to provide clear and entertaining content for C&I’s website and print pages.
The duties of this role include …
• Soliciting, curating, organizing, and styling western fashion and lifestyle products for several shoots each year.
• Curating images/product for and writing short pieces about a wide range of style and lifestyle products in each issue of C&I.
• Maintaining a vibrant connection with our online readers through regular blog items, website slideshows, video content, and social media posts across all of C&I’s platforms.
• Meeting regular writing and project deadlines.
• Tracking and organizing product in C&I’s Dallas office on a regular basis.
• Working closely with editorial directors and art directors on print and online projects.
• Attending several product and fashion markets and industry events each year.
• Working with and developing a stable of style influencers to help C&I spread the word about its fashion brand and coverage.
• Assisting staff with curation of e-commerce products and the potential development of a branded e-commerce online shop.
YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR THIS IF YOU …
• Are inherently organized and pay close attention to details.
• Have no fear of handling many projects simultaneously.
• Live and breathe the Western fashion industry and have connections to its movers and shakers.
• Enjoy blogging, writing, and spreading the word about products you love.
• Feel confident organizing and taking the lead during fashion and product shoots that incorporate contributing photographers, models, assistants, locations, hair and makeup professionals.
• Have a solid sense of editorial fashion coverage and what kind of print and online presentation appeal to a broad swath of readers.
• Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate fashion styling/editorial experience
• Experience in or knowledge of the western fashion industry
• Current references
• Located in D-FW area, with regular availability to work at C&I’s Dallas HQ
• Proficiency with word processing and Excel software