Social Media Manager
- Full Time
HMH® The Learning Company is excited to fuel marketing strategies with rich, meaningful content, highlighting best-in-class research, thought leadership, and innovation.
Do you live and breathe all things social media? Do you know how to engage a community? Are you passionate about writing? The Social Media Manager for HMH's Content Marketing team will focus on managing and building community—as well as developing the voice of the brand on social media.
- Manage assigned HMH social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and LinkedIn effectively and efficiently
- Write, execute and distribute content on those channels for organic and boosted social media strategies with the goal of increasing awareness and engagement, and growing the social media properties
- Create original written content for social media promotion of core initiatives
- Work closely with other teams across the organization and externally to mine compelling stories
- Collaborate with the design team to develop engaging visuals
- Build and execute on a robust social content calendar that raises awareness of and engagement with the HMH brand and initiatives
- Provide ongoing social media support on larger marketing campaigns
- Closely monitor all assigned HMH social media channels and respond quickly when needed, including the escalation of any customer service issues (in partnership with product teams) or crisis communications issues (in partnership with Corporate Communications)
- Monitor, listen, and measure the success of organic and paid campaigns to inform social plans on an ongoing basis
Importantly, you will work closely with others within our dynamic and creative Content Marketing team to ensure alignment and integration with HMH's social media and content strategy, framework, and global editorial calendar initiatives.
- Writes engaging social media content in support of K-12 campaigns based on a deep understanding of audience, customer need, message, business objective, and market research
- Builds, manages, and executes a robust social content calendar
- Executes on social media campaign strategies—both organic and paid
- Manages and engages with the social media community - including content creation, monitoring and listening, and measurement
- Monitors metrics and trending topics and uses results for future planning