Web Producer, Community
7 days left
- Full Time
Atlas Obscura is hiring a Web Producer to help us grow our signature product, a user-generated database of more than 17,000 hidden or unusual Places and Foods around the world.
As a Web Producer on the Community team, you’ll offer superb service and support to the members of our online community, who regularly contribute their own Places and Foods to Atlas Obscura. You’ll ensure that all newly published user-submitted entries are vetted and properly formatted. And you’ll engage directly with our most active readers in our Community travel forums.
This is a great opportunity for an outgoing travel or geography enthusiast who wants to join a growing media startup, help implement new initiatives, and inspire people to have wondrous experiences.
- Communicating with members of our community to offer feedback and share updates on their Place and Food submissions.
- Light research, editing, fact-checking, and photo research/editing.
- Ensuring that all required fields for user-submitted entries are complete and accurate before they are published.
- Approving user-submitted edits to existing Food and Place entries.
- Engaging directly with our most active community members in our Travel Forums.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in web production, digital publishing, the travel industry, or related fields.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- A strong grasp of English-language grammar.
- A passion for off-beat travel and a deep curiosity about the world.
- Must be able to work from our Brooklyn, NY-based office (we will not consider remote candidates).
- Experience in building or managing digital communities.
- Experience in customer support or other public-facing roles.
- Interest in or experience with taxonomy/information architecture in UX product design and development.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include flexible time off, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.
To apply, please email your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com, with “Web Producer” in the subject line.