The Digital Video Producer/Editor (Preditor) is part of the NBC Sports Philadelphia digital team and is responsible for editing and production of original content for the NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com site. Additionally, the role will interface with multiple aspects of the content room, from collaboration with the video team to training the intern staff. This position will be aligned with the content and coverage of the Philadelphia Flyers but will support our other sports teams as necessary during the other seasons. Responsibilities Responsible for editing online video, as well as leading the production of highlights, sound, clips from gamesWork to create unique video clips, highlights and other video clips for the webCreate storylines and original content for NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com based on Philadelphia sports, as well as national headlinesCollaborate with the video team to plan and help schedule video shoots and edits, and work on shoots as neededShoot, edit and publish segments for NBCSportsPhiladelphia.comUnderstand the best practices for digital video and how to maximize reach with our audienceActively participate in social media via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other outletsPromote content by devising engaging and creative social media postsSupport and assist with training intern staff throughout the yearDevelop strong interpersonal relationships with counterparts in our TV content roomWork schedule will align with Flyers gamesOther duties as assignedBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in digital editing or video production in a professional environment, including internships
- Advanced knowledge of shooting and working with different cameras
- Advanced knowledge and experience using editing software: After Effects, Photoshop and Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premier or equivalent
- Excellent editing skills, news judgement and understanding of storylines in Philadelphia sports
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Strong knowledge of local and national sports
- Ability to teach various skills to new staff/interns
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to watch our network and view our website on a regular basis
- Ability to produce multiple projects from inception to completion and do so independently
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.