CNBC is looking for a driven video producer to join our growing digital video team. The perfect candidate is a master shooter, a talented editor, and a responsible storyteller. This producer will be pitching, shooting, editing and producing stories for our Business flagship series. Editorial judgment, writing, editing and reporting experience is necessary. This producer will focus on CNBC’s Empires series, which covers the rise and fall (and rise again) of big companies, and on Lost In Translation, a franchise covering the difficulty of scale and expansion in business. This person will also contribute to other series under the Business/Consumer umbrella. Empires:
Why Americans Love Taco Bellhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eQ2Dry2R_8
How Kmart Went From Beating Walmart And Target To Bankruptcyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5YBsoZZr8U Lost In Translation:
Why Ford And Other American Cars Don’t Sell In Japanhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9FELWSDYPk
Why McDonald’s Flopped In Vietnamhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9pthhpd7So Other
Why Is Costco Opening Its Own Chicken Farm?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvCK_xH84s
The ideal candidate is a self-starting idea-generator who can capture footage and interviews from the field and produce strong journalism from his/her desk, using text, graphics, and third-party footage to build engaging segments. This journalist has a passion to explore and understand the world around them with special attention to business news.
• At least 5 years of experience shooting, producing and editing digital video
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and DSLR and cinema camera shooting
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• The ability to pitch compelling story ideas within a series
• Ability to edit deep-dive explainers using social best practices targeting YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and related platforms
• Strong knowledge of current events and business news
• Solid scriptwriting ability and punchy copy writing/video annotation skills a must
• Highly collaborative, strong communicator and creative
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Ability and willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours like nights and weekends when needed
• PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Experience working at a business news site or on a business news desk
• Skills in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
• Photography experience
• Masters degree in journalism or film production a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.