Location: Los Angeles, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Produce original news content, primarily for broadcast, including research, conducting interviews, writing and editing scripts, field producing and shooting, and overseeing editing.Book interviews and conduct pre-interviews with show guests. Producer is expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team.Work with Standards & Legal Team to ensure Editorial Standards of all segments.
NBC News is seeking a Producer to pitch, develop, and produce segments both tape and live for the 3rd hour of TODAY.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least FIVE year’s editorial experience working in production at the network level, preferably with morning television.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to shoot and edit pieces.
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
• Must High proficiency in Outlook and iNews.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in NYC.
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, under tight deadline pressure and often with short notice, especially in breaking news situations.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and storytelling ability.
• Familiarity with social media.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.