Content Producer - Boston
Location: Newton, Massachusetts
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Collaborate with Managers, Executive Producers, News Producers, Digital Teams, Anchors, Reporters, and Assignment Editors to deliver complete local news coverage that is both fair and accuratePull research, make calls and write well-crafted scriptsAbility to desktop video edit and gather elements for all for all of NBC Boston/NECN's platformsStay on top of the latest graphic tools to visually enhance and showcase storiesUse social media tools to stay on top of news events and find compelling video/picturesProduce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising credibility.Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when neededRespond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the airCopy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
NBC10 Boston/NECN is looking for an energetic self-starter with strong writing and video editing skills. You must understand the power of visual storytelling and thrive under the pressure of a fast-paced newsroom.
- College degree Required
- At least 1 year of television news line producing experience
- At least 1 year of technical skills in news production including creating show rundowns
- Must be proficient in desktop editing
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events.
- Must be willing to work at the station in Newton, MA.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Experience line producing breaking news
- Excellent tease-writing skills
- High degree of flexibility in scheduling and assignments
- Driven interest in current events & local issues
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.