Producer - Boston
Location: Newton, Massachusetts
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscastsOversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news teamStack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control roomContribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideasProduce news stories and specials as assignedOversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when neededRespond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the airCopy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copyMust work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking newsField produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platformsEnsure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl at the bottom of the screen
The NBC10 Boston News Producer will be responsible for news of the day, special coverage, in-depth stories, breaking news and other news-related content as needed.JOB DUTIES:
- College degree Required
- Minimum of 3 years of television news line producing experience
- Minimum of 3 years of technical skills in news production including creating show rundowns
- Must be proficient in desktop editing
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events.
- Must be willing to work at the station in Newton, MA.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Experience line producing breaking news
- Excellent tease-writing skills
- High degree of flexibility in scheduling and assignments
- Driven interest in current events & local issues
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.