- Full Time
U.S. News & World Report is seeking a public relations manager to support the PR & Communications team in our Washington, D.C. office. Playing an important role in the day-to-day management of media relations, the primary duty of this full-time position is to develop and execute holistic communications strategies for the major franchise rankings products in Money, particularly credit cards, banking, loans, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a strong personal network of contacts in the media, and will also be a quick study on a wide range of issues. The person must be a self-starter with excellent writing and communications skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. Experience with social media platforms and relationships with news outlets a must. A background in Money/financial PR is mandatory.
- Develop communications campaigns to support the major franchise rankings products.
- Write and distribute press releases, fact sheets
- Respond to information queries and requests from media and institutions
- Draft awards submissions and corporate announcements
- Build and update media contact databases
- Build PR reports
- 3-5 years of public relations experience in money/financial PR
- Strong research and writing skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent inter-personal skills, effective team member
- Initiative, able to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- A college degree or equivalent experience
Applicants must provide a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, dental, vision and 401(k) plans.