Founded in 1925, Random House Publishing is the proud publishing house of the world’s most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Ten Speed Press and Clarkson Potter, two imprints within Random House Publishing, are seeking a Marketing Associate to join their marketing team. Based in Emeryville, California, the Marketing Associate will work within an established and well-organized bicoastal department to market critically acclaimed and award-winning lifestyle and gift titles. This position provides an opportunity to work with both west coast and east coast publishing imprints on 8-9 illustrated titles each season.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Working directly with the Marketing Director, authors, agents, and internal teams on title campaigns.
* Conceptualizing and executing all aspects of a marketing campaign and presenting to both external and internal stakeholders.
* Collaborating with internal contacts to develop campaigns and timelines, creating content and visuals, and creating promotional opportunities.
* Developing lists of targets and prospects for promotional partnerships and managing all outreach.
* Researching and creating mailing lists for marketing mailings and executing those mailings.
* Tracking and recording campaign performance, coordinating necessary materials, and monitoring sales and metrics associated with activities.
* Attending internal title-specific meetings regarding marketing campaigns.
* Attending local author events as needed and working on special projects as assigned.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 2 years’ of experience in book marketing, experience in the gift and lifestyle space preferred
* Customer service mindset
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to effectively communicate with employees across all levels within an organization
* Proactive with strong follow-up skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work independently on multiple complex projects at one time
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to travel for work, as needed
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.