Senior Director of Marketing
- Full Time
We are seeking a highly creative and experienced Senior Director of Marketing to join our rapidly growing company. The role is based in our New York City office.
This leader will manage the Rubicon brand, implement impactful marketing initiatives to drive sales for all lines of the company’s evolving business, and leverage customer and stake-holder success stories to drive increasing value and differentiation in the marketplace. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the ideal candidate will be an effective collaborator and motivator who can lead a diverse team of marketing specialists to success. The candidate must possess comprehensive knowledge of B2B marketing and branding, an understanding of B2G marketing and branding, and an ability to link marketing initiatives to broader strategic communications and business objectives. Applicants must also have experience with technology and product marketing, as this underpins all parts of the Rubicon business.
Thriving in a fast-paced environment, this leader must have the ability to delegate and track multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities simultaneously, the ability to work in a matrixed structure, and a passion for building durable systems and processes. The successful candidate will be data and results-driven, but equally comfortable with the creative sides of marketing. This role requires collaboration across all parts of the Rubicon business – especially Sales, Technology & Product, Corporate Communications, Sustainability and Leadership. As the steward of the company’s brand and the accelerant behind the company’s sales engine, this role requires a leader who possesses a mix of creative, strategic and analytical skills. We are seeking a leader who also has demonstrated experience in translating the voice of the customer into commercial offerings that deliver material value and an experience that drives customer loyalty.
- Lead all aspects of our marketing department: website, lead generation and marketing operations, creative programs, sales-specific content development and implementation, and all external-facing campaigns and events across the company.
- Develop marketing plans and accompanying budgets. Work closely with our clients, management, and partners to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy, focused on growing audiences for our products and services while preserving and enhancing our brand credibility and awareness.
- Drive the strategy and execution for brand awareness across all digital assets including website, targeted landing pages, email, ads, and thought leadership content. Execute integrated campaigns that include a mix of call-to-action, email, digital, lead-nurturing, and content.
- Some specific duties will include:
- Creating and implementing industry and vertical campaigns, product/service concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest in Rubicon and direct sales of our offerings.
- Working with customer account leads to continuously identify new revenue opportunities within our established client base and drive growth by securing new accounts.
- Working across the business to ensure that content for sales decks and sales collateral is continuously updated, on brand, and reflective of the company’s evolving value proposition.
- Overseeing the RubiconGlobal.com web site, collaborating across the various business units for additions, deletions, updated messaging, campaigns and strategies.
- Co-owning, with the Director of Communications, the content/editorial calendar for assets such as whitepapers, e-books, reports, webinars, and infographics that support direct sales of our products and services.
- Developing, evolving and maintaining brand guidelines.
- Providing strategic direction and support for all demand generation webinars, conferences, and events, working collaboratively with Corporate Communications and other parts of the Rubicon business.
- Informing and supporting an overall growth strategy through the development and implementation of demand generation plans that are executed by Marketing Operations Managers. These plans will include programs/campaigns, webinars, large scale events, and account-based marketing strategies. Help measure the program’s performance and provide strategic counsel to the sales leadership in order to continually optimize for conversions.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, return on marketing investments, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights and to maximize the output of our marketing spend.
- Work collaboratively across all parts of the Rubicon business – including Sales, Technology & Product, Corporate Communications, Sustainability and Leadership – to executive comprehensive go-to-market campaigns.
Education & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- 8+ years’ experience and successful track record providing brand stewardship and leading a marketing operation within one or more companies
- 4+ years’ experience specifically managing Demand Generation and Brand teams
- Background in B2B, B2G and Technology Product campaign design and execution critical
- Experience with digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- An understanding of the sales funnel and focus on driving leads, MQLs, and opportunities
- Online program management experience including content syndication, paid emails, and advertising
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets, as well as the ability to analyze campaign performance and identify actionable insights to increase new customer acquisition
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and decision-making skills
- Very strong writing and presentation skills are a must, as is a relentless attention to detail and a focus on producing exceptional quality of work
- Highly organized and able to handle a high volume of programs and priorities. Adept multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and effectively delegate tasks
- Technically savvy and able to pick up new technologies fast
- Not afraid to try new things, highly creative, and excited to build unique programs, leveraging design, creative, and content
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency with HTML, content management systems, and design software
- Experience in the areas of Sustainability, CSR, and/or ESG is a plus