About Your Role:
MyDomaine is looking for a digital savvy editor to join our growing team. Ideally you have a focus and passion for home and lifestyle space and assist in driving innovation (on-site and across platforms); implementing top-level content strategy; defining and enforcing the brand’s aesthetic and voice; and improve user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue.
About Your Contributions:
- Review and copy edit articles to ensure best practices are being met
- Assess articles and write creative briefs for visual assets
- Work with the team on projects with the goal of improving content quality, such as reformatting content or building relevant creative assets
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams from design to video to add elements that will enhance text content and help better answer readers’ questions
- At least 3-4 years experience in a related role
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Detail oriented, deadline focused, creative, and eager to learn
- First-rate reporting and storytelling skills with an ability to generate original ideas that strategically drive traffic
- Strong understanding of the MyDomaine aesthetic and voice
- Passionate about the home and lifestyle space, and eager to share your knowledge of it
- Able to consistently identify industry trends across the home and lifestyle space
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications a major plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.