Associate Editor/Senior Associate Editor
- Full Time
Our dynamic digital media group, covering national commercial and multifamily real estate, seeks a detail-oriented copy editor for our growing array of research reports and journalistic articles. Reporting to the editorial director, this position will be responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of our content. If you have exacting attention to detail, this job's for you!
• Copy edit and proofread all Matrix research reports and bulletins, copyfitting as necessary and correcting for grammar and style
• Copy edit and proofread Commercial Property Executive (CPE) and Multi Housing News (MHN) magazine articles (trend, profile and other in-depth content), correcting for grammar and style
• Determine, compile and write analysis of national listicles from Matrix data for posting on CPE and MHN websites
• Manage assigned CPE and MHN newsletters, including determination and assignment of content, editing and proofreading, and deployment; determine subject lines and content to maximize traffic performance
• Edit assigned City Page news articles
• Proofread other CPE and MHN newsletters as time allows
• Assist with Matrix reports as necessary, such as helping to compile industrial data for quarterly reports
• Work with editorial team on larger initiatives
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned
• B.A. or B.S. in English, Journalism, Communications or similar degree
• Attention to detail, good at catching errors; knowledge of grammar and strong proofreading skills
• Knowledge of AP Style a plus
• Professional demeanor, good communications skills
• Should be customer service oriented
Yardi Systems is a successful independent software company with a proven history of growth and market leadership in the multi-billion dollar global commercial real estate industry. We employ talented, motivated and innovative people that are focused on delivering superior solutions to our clients and are passionate about working with other highly skilled professionals in team environments.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a winning team, work with the latest Microsoft technologies and develop your career, then Yardi Systems is the place for you. We have a pleasant and casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun.