- Full Time
The Chronicle of Higher Education is hiring a highly motivated, energetic Marketing Manager. This position will cultivate relationships with The Chronicle’s audiences and support the subscription and product marketing efforts. Joining the content revenue team, the marketing manager will be responsible for developing product and direct marketing strategies to achieve forecast revenue goals, manage the execution of marketing campaigns, and oversee day-to-day renewal activities.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Associate Publisher and Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy on high-level strategy for Content Revenue (including, but not limited to, print and online subscriptions, online products, and online registrations) with defined metrics and goals.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy to develop, manage, and implement subscription, webinar, and product marketing efforts including the strategy and execution of, email campaigns, online promotions, direct mail, and social media.
- Oversee the day-to-day renewal activities for all subscriber sources; liaise with Fulfillment Department and vendor to establish renewal and billing testing; review monthly activity and monitor other significant retention-related metrics and data.
- Manage and develop circulation forecasts using Webber Model or other forecasting tools.
- Collaborate with editorial and technology teams to identify and execute on audience development projects and initiatives both on- and offline.
- Manage third party vendors used to support all new business and retention efforts and activities.
- Identify and assemble essential metrics needed to monitor online revenue, promotions, lead generation and lead nurturing and reader/visitor engagement.
- Act as the product manager for new product development, coordinating across departments and maximizing and capturing value accordingly.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years working in digital and/or direct marketing. Experience in media or nonprofits a plus.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and analytic platforms, such as Eloqua, Marketo, Qualtrics, and Adobe Analytics, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other related field of study; or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with higher education and nonprofit audiences
- A solid understanding of integrated marketing, including email marketing, digital marketing, direct mail, and social media
- Excellent communication skills with a track record of working cross-functionally across departments
- Collaborative, flexible and collegial team player able to operate at all levels of the organization
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and we offer excellent benefits, such as comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and 24 days of paid vacation.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly