Associate Editor, Northstar Meetings Group
- Full Time
Northstar Travel Group is seeking an Associate Editor for our Meetings Group, which produces industry-leading print and digital products and events for meeting professionals. This influential audience includes meeting and event planners, hotel executives, destination marketers and others who depend on Northstar’s content to choose locations and venues, stay apprised of industry news, hone their professional skills and network with partners and peers.
The Associate Editor will contribute print and digital content for Meetings & Conventions, Successful Meetings and Incentive across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience reporting, writing and editing for a magazine, newspaper or website at the college level or beyond.
This is a full-time position based in Northstar’s headquarters in Secaucus, N.J. (preferred) or in our midtown Manhattan office. The job involves travel 5-6 times per year, primarily to domestic locations.
- Reports on news and trends in the meetings and events industry
- Researches and writes for website, print and social channels
- Posts news items to Meetings Group websites
- Attends industry conferences and events to gain knowledge, develop sources, report on content and represent NMG
- Participates in weekly editorial meetings and contributes content ideas
- Performs other related duties as needed
- Researching and reporting with depth and accuracy
- Writing compelling articles within deadlines
- Strong interviewing and networking skills
- Willing and available to travel
- Skilled in writing SEO-optimized content
- Versed in using content management systems and posting content online
- Practical experience in writing/editing for digital or print media
College degree or equivalent required; BA in English or Journalism preferred
When applying, please be sure to include a clever cover letter, resume and writing samples.