Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Springer Nature is in search for an Advertising Account Manager for its New York Office. As an Account Manager, you will play an important role in the development of our display advertising sales activities. Reporting into the Sales Manager, you will work within a regional sales team selling advertising space across our broad portfolio of market-leading print and online scientific publications. Focused on consultative sales techniques and a solutions based approach, you will build and develop strong sales networks working directly with clients and agencies.
- Responsible for identifying and capitalizing on expansion opportunities within existing and new accounts.
- Understand client needs and requirements to uncover additional opportunities for potential growth in organic revenue.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with internal departments and team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to our customers.
- Provide regular sales updates, utilizing salesforce to accurately capture sales activity.
- Seek out and communicate meaningful insights from key accounts and the market.
- Foster long-standing customer relationships through high levels of interaction.
- Produce sales/business reports and develop a healthy sales pipeline.
- Maintain CRM database and other systems and provide reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates should have minimum of 3-5 years experience selling digital advertising programs, preferably across large networks.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated and willing to continuously improve client relationship management through pursuit of customer-service excellence.
- Ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Strong personal accountability with track record for delivering on expectations/commitments with focus, perseverance, and tenacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with both internal team members and external customers
- Clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages.
- Ability to pursue a program of professional growth through an understanding of the sales process and the ability to execute sales strategies.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), knowledge of SalesForce helpful.
- Professional and positive demeanor.
- Energetic, self-starter and contagiously enthusiastic.
- Results oriented, competitive and able to rapidly assimilate information.
- Eager to learn and grow professionally.
- Comfortable with travel (approximately 20%).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.