- Full Time
Foreign Policy is recruiting a full-time marketing director to drive subscriber acquisition and retention across all channels, including email, online, and social. The marketing director owns the subscription funnel, has responsibility for FP’s brand and market position, and regularly conducts market research to gauge consumer sentiment. The marketing director works with our sales team to ensure that they have top-notch collateral for client meetings and also manages an associate, who focuses on public relations, media support, and podcast marketing. The marketing director reports directly to the publisher.
FP seeks motivated team members who are committed to the organization’s mission and will bring professionalism, urgency, and dedication to the work environment. We are a collaborative team, and this position will be expected to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Design and own subscription campaigns and demand generation strategy, including but not limited to: proactively generated subscription offers, clever content marketing, on-site messaging, social posts, email, and paid marketing to support full lifecycle marketing strategies
- Work closely with FP’s director of product, the data director, and the FP engineering team to develop highly targeted, multichannel campaigns that integrate with new and existing user journeys
- Develop and execute go-to-market plan(s) for a new high-end subscription service — FP Prime — and promote new research and products as they arise
- Increase market awareness/presence for FP and build and maintain a lead pipeline
- Keep apprised of and evaluate new tools and capabilities offered by third parties and test their applicability for growing FP’s subscription business
- Develop and communicate all marketing plans, marketing campaign results, and projected recommendations across FP’s leadership team
- Maintain a year-round marketing calendar, collateral language (including for updating pricing models), and pitches
- Support the sales team by generating pitch decks, including customized decks for clients
- Provide oversight and mentoring to the media and marketing associate
- Bachelor’s in marketing or business administration or in a similar field
- Three or more years of experience in subscription and lead generation marketing
- In-depth experience with email service providers (such as PostUp, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Constant Contact) and social marketing (Facebook Audience Builder preferred)
- Experience building customer journeys and tracking KPIs
- Experience managing or liaising with subscription fulfillment providers
- Demonstrated interest in international relations and world affairs
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills a must, ability to create and edit creative copy preferred
- Comfortable presenting and interacting with senior executives; must be able to pitch ideas and onboard others toward a common strategic goal
- Outstanding creative and collaboration skills, with an understanding of how to lead brainstorms and inspire, motivate, and connect with others
- Advanced-level PowerPoint skill and experience with WordPress and other related productivity software
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to deliver projects on time and on budget
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.