Project Manager, Corporate Communications
- Full Time
Enterprises, we are inspired and motivated by the company’s purpose: To Empower
People Today to Build a Better Future for the Next Generation. That means
putting our employees first, delivering excellent products and services to our
customers through our three business divisions – Cox Communications, Cox
Automotive and Cox Media Group – and giving back to the communities where we
live and work.
Corporate Communications team plays a critical role in sharing and evolving the
special culture and values of our private, family-owned, 120-year old company.
We work together every day to deliver strategic information to our employees
and communities, cover what’s happening across our global footprint, protect
the company’s reputation, enhance its brand visibility and connect with people
across our social and digital channels.
As our $21
billion company moves into a new era, we’re reimagining the way we communicate.
It’s an exciting time as we embrace change and push ourselves to think
differently. Each person on our team has an important role to play – and we’re
looking for an experienced, resourceful, hands-on go-getter to help us along
Manager, Corporate Communications will work closely with the Sr. Manager and
Director to dream up and deliver impactful programs to drive Cox Enterprises’
corporate reputation. Whether ideating external campaigns or managing the
complex pieces of large, internal events, this role will be instrumental in
positioning our company as an Employer of Choice and Premier Investment
Partner. External communications is an emerging focus area for our team and the
core responsibility for this role, meaning a lot of foundational work needs to
be done – and a positive, can-do attitude is crucial. We’re seeking a thoughtful
activator who can maintain a fresh, startup mentality while honoring the unique
legacy and navigating the infrastructure of a powerful, fourth-generation
company on the move.
- Campaigns: Develop and execute integrated communications campaigns that support
our strategic initiatives. Work with internal and external partners to plan
PR/social activations that grow our brand profile.
- PR management: Develop press
releases, messaging, quotes and other materials that convey a clear message and
resonate in meaningful ways. Prepare speakers for media interactions and
- Media relations: Proactively reach out to media contacts to pitch thought leadership
pieces, executive profiles and business PR. Respond to media requests and
manage press engagements and announcements.
- Event management: Ideate breakthrough
concepts for our executive events platform (internally and externally),
planning and executing high-profile employee and leadership events as well as
- Research: Seek out and
regularly interview a roster of internal sources to tell the story behind our
business, strategic programs and connect to broader market trends and world
- Writing: Transition seamlessly between writing for the leaders, media, social
media platforms and other channels.
- Social media marketing: Bring social media savvy and tactical
experience. Oversee plan to build and engage our digital audience across
channels managed by distinct departments, growing our following and cultivating
Cox brand evangelists.
- Brand engagement: Engage employees, advocates, partners, community members and
influencers to help amplify Cox’s presence and foster meaningful connections.
- Partner across Cox’s divisions – Cox Communications, Cox Automotive
and Cox Media Group – to share insights and best practices.
- Crisis communications: Prepare crisis response plans, in collaboration
with the divisions, legal and other partners.
- Collaboration: Partner with
broader Corporate Comms team to support a variety of projects, as needed,
reflecting the Cox spirit and culture.
- Creative management: Partner with our Creative Studio team to ensure visual content like
videos and graphics are fun, engaging and innovative.
- Metrics: Bring a strong understanding of measurement. You must be able to
assign and track necessary KPIs to your work and be comfortable reporting back
to leadership on a regular cadence.
- Project management: Track timelines and deliverables to ensure projects run on schedule
and within budget.
- Vendor management: Oversee third-party vendors,
including external consultants, agencies, designers, printers and freelancers,
and associated budgets to ensure we use their services strategically and
- Speed & agility: Work at a fast pace and on tight deadlines. Some days, you may have
a “drop everything” moment where you need to shift priorities to support
- Innovation: Don’t be afraid to color outside the lines. We’re looking to test
out new ideas, and we want your input to improve our work and impact.
- 5-10+ years of experience public relations, social media, and/or
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related
- Experience pitching media and executing PR/social campaigns
- Strategic thinker and team player
- Able to manage time, budgets and vendors, while juggling
multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal skills required (samples requested)
- Competency in MS Office (especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
Visit us at
coxenterprises.com or follow us at @CoxEnterprises on Twitter and Instagram.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit www.CoxCSRReport.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.