CNBC is looking for a talented Senior Producer to join its growing digital video team. This person is a news junkie, obsessed with markets, the economy, politics, and news that matters. The ideal candidate has impeccable editorial judgment, and strong writing and editing skills. He or she is a master of shooting and editing, and is a natural leader.
This producer will be developing in-depth explainers and mini docs on complicated subjects as well as smart short-form videos to address timely events, like those seen here: How Amazon Paid $0 Federal Income Tax in 2018https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNg55JDMDHM Why College Is So Expensive In Americahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWJ0OaojfiAHow Brands Like Domino's Profit From School Lunchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DqdDfiHFQE
This role requires experience in managing a video team for a digital news organization; writing smart scripts; approving, framing, and assigning stories, plus working with producers and associate producers to create visually compelling stories. The Senior Producer should have a depth of experience in journalism and digital media, be comfortable in a leadership role, and bring a thoughtful and original voice to the team. Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Producing original videos focusing on markets, economy, politic, and other topics on brand for CNBC
• Approving story ideas, writing and editing scripts, providing constructive editorial and production feedback
• Developing new video formats, styles and production workflows
• Coaching and motivating producers to create their best work
• Participating in editorial meetings and representing the original video team to the greater organization
• Coordinating with partners across all CNBC platforms to develop new franchises of digital video
• Partnering with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions to their print stories
• At least 5 years of experience producing digital video content at a major online news publication
• Must have expert level experience with reporting, writing, editing and producing original video content
• Advanced knowledge of editing on Adobe Premiere
• Proficient in DSLR camera operation and studio lighting
• Demonstrated knowledge of online production and multimedia storytelling, and working knowledge of online publishing systems and technologies
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• Leadership/management experience preferred
• Strong analytical ability
• Works well in a collaborative environment
• A video production reel of the candidate's work is preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.