Product Marketing Manager
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Create and maintain product marketing and related content to accompany NBCU’s advanced advertising products. This includes identifying marketing needs and analyzing available information, followed by content design and clear, effective writing, all to agreed deadlines.Help drive adoption of NBCU advanced ad products and solutions with compelling positioning and clearly defined selling pointsConduct competitive analysis via direct and indirect interactions with customers, prospects, partners, competitors, and analystsUnderstand and document our clients’ buying processes, including where they get information and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they makeCollaborate with Product Management and Sales to develop product positioning and messagingHelp define and scope product marketing and related projects, and take ownership of assigned projects, following them through from planning to drafting to review to revisionHelp improve the organization and delivery of existing content to reduce redundancy, eliminate outdated information, and improve overall content experienceBecome an advanced advertising expert and evangelist by developing deep knowledge of NBCU’s advanced ad platforms, ad sales operations, related ad sales and research systems, and advertising client buying processes, as well as the advanced ad competitive landscapePartner with Insights & Measurement to build compelling case studies that prove the performance of NBCU’s advanced advertising capabilitiesWork with Corporate Communications on placement and coverage in the marketplaceAssist with go-to-market strategy for taking new advanced advertising products to market in a timely, organized fashionWork to team-defined communication standards and style guidelines and ensure compliance with NBCUniversal corporate quality and information security requirementsSupport other members of the Product Marketing & Content Strategy team as peer reviewer and proofreaderKeep up to date on product marketing, content strategy, and related technical content standards and trends, as well as NBCUniversal business objectives and trends in the media and advertising industriesCoordinate and collaborate with internal teams (e.g., Ad Sales Marketing & Network Partnerships, Corporate Communications, Sales & Client Partnerships, Data Engineering, Insights & Measurement, Pricing & Planning) in support of their internal and external product marketing and related content needs
Our Advanced Advertising Products team is in the business of leveraging vast amounts of data to change how traditional linear TV and digital advertising impressions are packaged, sold, planned, delivered, optimized and measured for clients. If you are looking to join a small, agile team of disruptors looking to shape the convergence of traditional TV and digital advertising, look no further! NBCUniversal is looking for passionate, results-oriented and motivated self-starters to support innovation across our NBCU’s data-driven, cross-portfolio and cross-channel advertising products.
The Product Marketing & Content Strategy team is responsible for communicating the value proposition of NBCU’s advanced advertising and related solutions to our clients, prospects, and across the NBCU Advertising & Partnerships organization. We are currently seeking a Product Marketing Manager to help us build out our product marketing practice through the creation and delivery of product marketing materials and related content—website copy, pitch decks, case studies, one-sheets, whitepapers, and more—to support NBCUniversal’s advertising clients, third-party partners, and internal stakeholders across NBCUniversal’s Advertising & Partnerships organization.
ResponsibilitiesReporting to the VP, Product Marketing & Content Strategy, the person in this role will:
• Minimum of four years of product marketing experience, preferably for an advertising or marketing technology provider
• Must have exposure in a client-facing capacity, either internal or external (e.g., building client-facing materials, delivering presentations, conducting competitive analysis and market research)
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Proven experience following style guides
• Proven experience with a variety of content management tools
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong grammar skills
• Strong technical skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts using easily understood terms
• Strong analytical and research skills and the ability to build stories from data
• Experience working and collaborating with business owners, product owners, and other subject matter experts at all levels within an organization, from support to senior management
• Highly organized and a self-starter, able to prioritize tasks and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Genuine enthusiasm for and commitment to improving customer experiences through outstanding content
• Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field highly desirable
• Experience building eLearning modules and/or product videos a plus
• Good understanding of the software development life cycle and user-centered design concepts
• Familiarity and experience with intelligent content
• Familiarity with and experience building and maintaining user personas
• Love of, or at least acceptance of, the Oxford Comma
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.