NABET Camera Operator
Location: Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Deploy, operate and maintain cameras, along with batteries and chargersDeploy, operate and maintain digital satellite laptop IP systems in both urban and rural settings worldwide.Deploy, operate and maintain compliment of portable lighting equipment to include LED, Incandescent, and fluorescent fixtures, stands, extension arms, silks, scrims and flags.Design, plan, implement and manage the appropriate technical infrastructures at remote television productions consistent with budgetary guidelines.
NBC News is seeking a NABET camera person to assist with our daily newsgathering operations and special projects. This candidate will be expected to perform multiple field technical duties, including field editing and multi-camera remote productions. One-person crew operations (video/sound) will also be required. A successful candidate must be a clear thinker and effective leader.
This is a NABET position. Candidate must be willing to join NABET if not already a member
• Must have 5-years major market experience in shooting news and feature programming productions
• Must have experience in satellite telephone operation, store and forward video, and live field production operations
• Strong NLE skills necessary in both field situation and bureau work.
• Previous ability to accurately assess risk levels in remote locations and establish sound safety parameters for all new personnel operating there.
• Previous experience in the operation of SD and HD digital camcorders, portable lighting systems, RF audio system operation and sound mixing required.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to travel, often times with short notice. This may also include travel overseas to areas of hostile conflict.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
• Someone with creativity, demonstrated leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Can work independently and react quickly to challenging situations, using good news judgment
• Previous experience with a stedicam and/or jimmy-jib is preferable, but not required.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.