Product Marketing Coordinator
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist with creating and maintaining product marketing and related technical content to accompany NBCU’s advanced advertising products. This includes assisting with identifying marketing needs and analyzing available information, followed by content design and clear, effective writing, all to agreed deadlines.Work to team-defined communication standards and style guidelines and ensure compliance with NBCUniversal corporate quality and information security requirementsHelp define and scope product marketing and related projects, and take ownership of assigned projects, following them through from planning to drafting to review to revisionHelp improve the organization and delivery of existing product content to reduce redundancy, eliminate outdated information, and improve overall product content experienceBecome an advanced advertising expert and evangelist by developing deep knowledge of NBCU’s advanced ad platforms, ad sales operations, related ad sales and research systems, and advertising client buying processes, as well as the advanced ad competitive landscapeSupport other members of the Product Marketing & Content Strategy team as peer reviewer and proofreaderKeep up to date on product marketing, content strategy, and related technical content standards and trends, as well as NBCUniversal business objectives and trends in the media and advertising industriesCoordinate and collaborate with internal teams (e.g., Ad Sales Marketing & Network Partnerships, Corporate Communications, Sales & Client Partnerships, Data Engineering, Insights & Measurement, Pricing & Planning) in support of their internal and external product marketing and technical content needs
Our Advanced Advertising Products team is in the business of leveraging vast amounts of data to change how traditional linear TV and digital advertising impressions are packaged, sold, planned, delivered, optimized and measured for clients. If you are looking to join a small, agile team of disruptors looking to shape the convergence of traditional TV and digital advertising, look no further! NBCUniversal is looking for passionate, results-oriented and motivated self-starters to support innovation across our NBCU’s data-driven, cross-portfolio and cross-channel advertising products.
We are currently seeking a Product Marketing Coordinator who will be responsible for maintaining product marketing materials and related technical content—website copy, pitch decks, case studies, one-sheets, and more—to support NBCUniversal’s advertising clients, third-party partners, and internal stakeholders across NBCUniversal’s Advertising & Partnerships organization.
ResponsibilitiesReporting to the VP, Product Marketing & Content Strategy, the person in this role will:
• Minimum of two years of experience in a product marketing or client-facing technical communications role, preferably for an advertising or marketing technology provider
• Must have exposure in a client-facing capacity, either internal or external
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Proven experience following style guides
• Proven experience with a variety of content management tools
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong grammar skills
• Strong technical skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts using easily understood terms
• Experience working and collaborating with business owners, product owners, and other subject matter experts at all levels within an organization, from support to senior management
• Highly organized and a self-starter, able to prioritize tasks and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Genuine enthusiasm for and commitment to improving customer experiences through outstanding product content
• Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field highly desirable
• Experience building eLearning modules and/or product videos a plus
• Good understanding of the software development life cycle and user-centered design concepts
• Familiarity and experience with intelligent content
• Familiarity with and experience building and maintaining user personas
• Love of, or at least acceptance of, the Oxford Comma
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.