Multimedia Content Creator
- Full Time
Our mission is to bring together the Georgia Bulldog community in a fun, friendly and informative environment.
We provide the latest news and information; however, our focus is to go beyond the story. Our focus is to provide unique quality content that engages our readers and builds our brand.
Job Description: The Multi-Media Content Creator will be responsible for creating content across all platforms (website, social and video). This person will be responsible for covering team news (when warranted). This person will be responsible for creating high quality, unique compelling content that engages our audience and enhances the DawgNation brand. The Multi-Media Content Creator will work closely with fellow DawgNation staff as well as the AJC beat writer. The ideal candidate is one who is willing to help in all situations, one who is nimble and willing to go above and beyond to help take DawgNation.com to the next level. Creating content is a unique skill and in order to be successful, this person should always have 3-5 stories that can be written/published at any time.
Create Written Content (50%)
• Report and write on team news year-round. In doing so, this person will work with DawgNation staff who is responsible for assignments to ensure topics are on point, timely and relevant with all DawgNation content.
• Generate original feature content on a year-round basis which does not require media access or travel to visit subject matter. Original feature content is focusing more on the story behind the story that will engage DawgNation’s readers.
• Work with DawgNation staff who is responsible for assignments to plan original feature topic ideas one month in advance.
• Assist team with breaking news posts and distribution when needed.
• Assist AJC beat writer when needed (print and online).
• Travel to and produce content for all football games and select other sports as warranted.
Create Video Content (25%)
• Create basic video stories including setting up A/V equipment and live-streaming from remote locations.
• Produce and collect photos and videos to support written content as well as to populate DawgNation archives.
• Be able to provide up to a 15-30-minute broadcast segment when needed.
• Support sales initiatives with pre and post video work and production.
• Produce video content as needed on assigned feature topics.
• Be able to produce interviews as well as provide interviews to promote the DawgNation brand locally and nationally (radio, tv, print and social).
• Source compelling story ideas to fellow DawgNation staff.
• Represent DawgNation at all times on social media as well as refraining from engaging with fans in a non-productive way on social media.
• Ability to develop business relationships to grow sources and enhance DawgNation brand in Georgia community.
• Assist on all special assignments.
• May need to publish own work across distribution outlets.
• Handle other assignments as assigned by Sr. Director of DawgNation.
• Plan and coordinate travel to games/assignments with Sr. Director of DawgNation
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; relative experience may be substituted.
• Must demonstrate ability to write to the target audience of DawgNation.
• Demonstrates strong judgement and ability to develop reader focused and high-impact story ideas.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, typically long form feature work and short-term new stories.
• Collaborate daily with fellow DawgNation staff and AJC beat staff.
• Ability to report on all news subjects and gear analysis towards DawgNation audience.
• Uses time effectively, meeting deadlines and producing an acceptable volume of work.
• Demonstrates strong news judgement.
• Clear understanding of libel law and able to recognize and flag potential legal issues that could expose the company to litigation over libel, invasion of privacy, copyright or other legal matters.
• Superior communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to work in a high-paced, results driven organization all while working collaboratively across many departments at the same time.
• Proven record of hitting deadlines.
• Above average knowledge of digital technology.
• Above average knowledge of social media and ability to interact with fans in a way that represents the DawgNation brand.
• Ability to work independently, making sound business decisions related to achieving stated goals while communicating with your direct manager to discuss strategy and other key issues.
• High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive.
• Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills.
• Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
• Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing.
• Minimum 3 years in media sales organization with documented performance of exceeding performance objectives.
• Limited travel will be necessary, up to 25% during football season.
• Ability to work non-standard hours including weekends.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.