Director of Public Relations
- Full Time
Jewish National Fund seeks to recruit a Director of Public Relations. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be based in JNFs Marketing and Communications department. The location for the position will be in JNF’s Manhattan office. The primary purpose of this job is managing both internal and external communications for this national organization through public relations efforts.
· National Spokesperson: serve as strategic storyteller, PR and media relations director for the national organization ensuring all messages are aligned with mission and work of JNF. Oversee the publicizing of JNF programs and initiatives in Jewish and mainstream local and national media.
· Direct the PR efforts of the Communications Team across the US and in Israel -- 3 in U.S. and 1 in Israel; team of wire reporters in Israel.
· Write copy for President’s speeches and event speeches, Direct Mail content, CEO report, Op-Eds, quarterly and yearly updates on major projects and accomplishments, talking points, and bios of staff, lay leaders, and speakers.
· Responds to and answers customer service inquiries from donors and general public
· Provide ongoing PR counsel and reputation management to campaign executives and executive management
· Provide PR counsel to JNF partners and other JNF organizations around the world
· Crisis management; talking points
· Manage annual partnership with outside news agencies; foster more partnerships
Key Job Relationships:
· For information and updates on projects and initiatives: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer. Chief Israel Officer
· For crisis management: Executive Management
· Daily interaction with the Communications staff and fundraisers across the country
· 7 years’ experience with writing and media relations
· Very strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and writing skills
· Must maintain consistent corporate messaging and build relationships with key Jewish and mainstream media
· Supervise the Communications staff
· Process all project information in a timely and organized fashion
· Some travel required
· Excellent computer skills required
· Previous experience working with all types of media including print, broadcast and Internet is a must
•Opportunity to Travel to Israel
•Dental & Vision
•Flexible Spending Account
•Employer-paid Life Insurance
•Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
•403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions