Media Sales Representative
- Full Time
Digiday, named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Media Companies is looking for an energetic Media Sales Representative to join its fast-growing team in NYC.
As a Media Sales Representative, you will be responsible for selling display advertising, podcasts, print and digital solutions to companies across the country.
In this role, you will build relationships with current and new clients across the retail and marketing technology sector to grow media sales.
This is a great full-time opportunity for someone interested in a fun, fast-paced and challenging sales environment. We will provide you the opportunity to make contributions immediately, while developing the skills and knowledge to be successful in the long-term.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Managing, maintaining and converting a realistic pipeline of opportunities based on revenue-based and other goals.
- Landing calls and face-to-face meetings with new prospects and current clients.
- Engaged in weekly team meetings to discuss and share approaches and challenges, and weekly one-on-one meetings with VP of Growth and Inside Sales to fine-tune your approach to winning large pieces of business.
- Following your client list through the industry press and social media to stay on top of all activations and opportunities.
- Reporting and fulfillment duties as specified by management, including updating Netsuite for account contact, opportunities and other activity.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of sales experience at an agency or publisher, with some of that experience selling print, digital or other types of inventory.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies, including advertising and marketing technology platforms.
- Experience with Netsuite or other tools to manage client and prospect pipeline.
- An understanding of the digital media and marketing industry, including familiarity with advertising and marketing technology.
- Self-motivated individual who can work beyond basic goals to achieve strategic objectives and, yes, hit their numbers, but also sell through work and build relationships the company can be proud of.
- Full-time presence at the Digiday office.