Content Metadata & QA Manager
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead NBCD’s Content Metadata and Content QA teamsOversee in-house metadata writing, proofreading and copyediting services for a high volume of copy requests under deadline pressureCreate, curate, oversee and enforce NBCD’s editorial copy style guide; normalizing third party metadata specifications and adjusting internal standards to accommodate where appropriateCollaborate with cross divisional content stakeholders to improve overall communication channels, delivery workflows and approval processesInstitute new series synopses and episodic metadata delivery cadence; streamlining logline review, revision and submission proceduresLiaise with metadata aggregation & distribution providers to stay current with latest copy and image artwork requirements; incorporating changes and conforming specs accordinglyInterface with operations, editorial, product and tech team peers to improve metadata integrity, interoperability and viability across all platforms, services and media outletsDrive SEO success and governance, maintaining an open dialog with subject matter experts on industry trends and issue management; helping to course correct as/where neededPartner with operational and product leads to develop enriched metadata roadmap
NBC Digital continues to rapidly evolve our content offerings; ensuring the accuracy, consistency and quality of our brand voice anywhere NBC Entertainment media can be discovered or experienced on digital platforms.
We need a solutions-minded critical thinker to lead our content metadata and quality assurance efforts. As the Content Metadata & QA Manager, you will be a master of metadata best practices, evangelization and diplomacy; effectively negotiating editorial solutions with both internal and external partners for the timely delivery and accurate representation of NBC content.
This unique position requires you to be a brand ambassador for the network; collaborating with teams of writers, marketing experts and publicists on daily copywriting requirements as well as designers, product developers, operations specialists and technologists on refining and enforcing our critical metadata guidelines and specifications. These standards not only service NBC’s websites, apps and their respective editorial obligations, but also power NBC’s show listings and network presence across traditional broadcast and cable programming systems (OTA, CATV) as well as emerging digital platforms and devices (TVE, OTT, dMVPD).
You and your talented team of metadata writers and copy proofreaders will also be tasked with supporting our crucial metadata supply chain and providing guidance to key stakeholders on best practices for optimization, normalization and discoverability. You will be looked to as the subject matter experts for several current television series; researching and refining metadata and SEO requirements for these shows per current strategic specs as well as proofreading and copyediting all marketing and promotional content to meet strict deadlines and delivery targets.
• Minimum 3 years of editorial copyediting and proofreading experience
• Minimum 1 year of experience leading and/or managing projects on digital platforms
• Minimum 1 year of experience with metadata aggregation service specifications for Gracenote and TiVo
• Minimum 1 year working within content management system (CMS) platforms
• Fluency with SEO best practices, strategies and techniques
• Working knowledge of MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
• Interested candidates must submit a resume for this job online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be willing to complete proofreading and editing test
• Television entertainment industry experience greatly preferred
• Bilingual, Spanish a major plus
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements and concepts
• Proactive leader with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests in a high-pressure environment
• Creative problem solver with a willingness to try new things when all else fails
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.