Digital Editor - KNTV
Location: San Jose, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work closely with newsroom staff and reporters to write and publish daily digital news contentCoordinate with assignment desk, reporters and news staff to report breaking news in a timely fashion across all digital platforms – website, mobile site, apps, alerts, newsletters, social media, etc.Create multimedia content to enhance daily news coverage (i.e. video, live streams, slideshows)Use social media to quickly and effectively report news, find news sources, and engage our audienceSolicit user-generated content to enhance both on-air and online news coverageCoordinate with news producers to cross-promote on-air and online contentProvide digital support to our sister station Telemundo 48
NBC Bay Area is looking for a Digital Editor to join our award-winning digital team. You will be responsible for writing and publishing daily news content across all of NBC Bay Area’s digital platforms in a fast-paced, deadline driven newsroom environment. We are looking for a digitally savvy and creative self-starter with strong news acumen who can thrive under pressure and in breaking news situations.
The successful candidate is an excellent writer who can create compelling and engaging content for any platform – whether it’s a push alert, a news article or a tweet.
To apply you must include a cover letter and three examples of your published work. Applications that do not include the requisite materials will not be considered. A writing test will be administered during the interview process.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in online news
• Strong news and headline writing skills required; proficiency in AP writing style
• Strong computer skills, including familiarity working with graphics software and video editing tools
• Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) or web-publishing software
• Demonstrated social media proficiency on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Must possess basic HTML knowledge
• Must be able to work any schedule as assigned – including overnights, evenings, mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive and challenging environment
• Ability to multi-task and meet constant tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience working with newsroom software, show rundowns and scripts
• Experience or familiarity working with live streams and/or encoding equipment a plus
• Spanish-language writing and speaking skills a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.