Technology Writer - (Remote Friendly)
- Full Time
Your job in a nutshell: We’re looking for a technology writer who will be our resident expert in sales technology, specifically related to tools such as VoIP phone systems, traditional business phone systems, and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
Candidates should have direct experience in implementing, managing, and/or using these systems in a business environment. Strong candidates will also have a technical background in SaaS-related products as well as a great network of tech-savvy individuals who have implemented, managed, or used systems like the ones listed above.
This position includes:
- Researching, writing, and editing long-form articles on sales technology and tools, including product comparisons and step-by-step implementation guides.
- Conducting interviews with sales professionals and technology experts (drawing from your own network and leveraging your Fit Small Business title to grow your network).
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions on sales-related technology topics, such as “what is the best business phone system for me?”.
Our mission: To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than three million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
The best candidates for this tech writer role will have previous technical writing experience or a passion for writing, along with experience using, implementing, and/or managing VoIP, business phone, and CRM systems. They will have high attention to detail, and perhaps most importantly, a strong desire to teach salespeople and business owners how to leverage technology in order to become better sellers and sales managers through high-quality written content.
Qualifications for success:
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with or writing about sales-related technology.
- You have experience implementing, managing, or using sales tools such as customer relationship management (CRM) software and business phone systems, including VoIP
- You have the proven ability to translate your technical knowledge into written pieces for a predominantly non-technical audience, either professionally or personally
- You are self-motivated and able to manage your time with little oversight
- You are open to feedback, and strive to learn something new every day
- You are passionate about helping small businesses succeed
- You want to write for an online publication and are comfortable working in a startup environment where things change quickly
Tools We Use:
Wordpress, Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru
*It’s fine if you haven’t used these. Just be enthusiastic to learn them.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Quality health insurance (subsidized by FSB)
- Traditional & Roth 401K plans with matching from first day
- Vision, dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- Perks and discounts via our PEO
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.