Associate Manager, Multicultural Marketing
- Full Time
Looking for a dynamic, self-motivated marketing professional to join our team of culture experts. The Multicultural Marketing team at HBO is responsible for placing our programming and brand in a cultural context. Our culture-first approach requires an individual with an appetite for discovering and engaging with emerging cultures, subcultures, and cultural influencers. We’re looking for someone who is naturally inquisitive and has a keen interest in what shapes and defines culture across a spectrum of communities.
This position reports directly into the Director of Multicultural Marketing and supports HBO’s LGBTQ+ marketing efforts by devising new, innovative, and engaging ways to reach the LGBTQ+ audience, both in support of HBO programming and as an ongoing evergreen effort.
- Monitor key audience and industry trends, as well as competitor activity – being prepared to provide regular updates and formulate a POV.
- Develop recommendations for innovative engagement tactics, emerging partners, and culture influencers.
- Assist with managing multiple external agencies in the development of experiential and high-impact promotions – including writing creative briefs, providing feedback, managing timelines and budgets.
- Act as liaison to internal departments (Creative Services, Legal/Business Affairs, Digital and Social Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Corporate Communications) to help circulate key information and ensure all promotional plans are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support creative development for all advertising/promotional campaigns and coordinate delivery of assets with the in-house and external production teams.
- Traffic contracts and vendor service agreements to Legal/Business Affairs to secure approval on all rights and clearance issues.
- Responsible for day-to-day budget maintenance and awareness including but not limited to invoice submission, tracking and reporting.
- Inventory and track department premium and production storage.
- Provide administrative support for department Directors and Managers including (but not limited to) coordinating travel, submitting expenses, and managing calendars. Administrative support will extend to marketing activations on a campaign-by-campaign basis.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 4 years marketing experience, preferably at a media or entertainment company or experiential marketing agency
- Knowledge of linear and streaming entertainment landscape, as well as digital and social media space.
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively
- Strong initiative and ability to function independently
- Solid creative judgment and familiarity developing materials across all forms of media
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to travel as needed