The Random House Children’s Trade Publishing group seeks a Senior Designer to join their middle grade design team. This is an opportunity for a highly creative and collaborative designer who has an interest in designing books specifically for the middle grade category, including heavily illustrated novels, photographic nonfiction, graphic novels, and literary fiction.
* Develop innovative visual design concepts for middle grade covers
* Research and hire new illustrators, designers, and calligraphers for middle grade covers and interiors
* Manage and prioritize numerous projects with various timelines
* Attend production and design meetings regularly to ensure book production deadlines are met
* Monitor design budget for each assigned title
* Traffic all elements of book production, from early conception through sales materials and printed books
* Prepare print ready jacket, cover, and interior mechanicals using specific Random House guidelines
* Color correct and review production proofsPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.