Digital Marketing Manager
- Full Time
The American Physical Society (APS) http://www.aps.org, a non-profit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics, seeks a Digital Marketing Manager. The Digital Marketing Manager plays a central role in the association's marketing automation and digital content strategies. This role will focus on delivering relevant content to various stakeholders and lead generation. This individual will take ownership of the email marketing automation software, Pardot, and its integration with the association management system (AMS), Nimble, and will interface with Higher Logic, APS’ online community platform.
- Define strategies to deliver relevant content to a variety of personas and segments.
- Build and design the structure for marketing automation campaigns.
- Grow qualified leads by enhancing the experience of those interacting with the website, including converting site traffic to leads through call-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Develop lead scoring, management, and reporting with marketing and effectively implement and maintain within Pardot.
- Utilize marketing automation system to disseminate messages, including markup and template design.
- Spearhead reporting efforts across multiple platforms, such as Pardot, Higher Logic, and Google Analytics to identify trends and convert them to actionable ideas.
- Ensure that all email campaigns comply with current best practices, including GDPR and CAN-SPAM.
- Manage an Email Marketing Specialist.
Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert proficiency with Pardot or similar marketing automation system (Eloqua, Marketo, etc.) required.
- A background in science organizations, scholarly publishing, and/or international organizations not required but a plus.
- Proficiency with Nimble or Salesforce with a demonstrated track record of results.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, specifically campaign tracking.
- Must be comfortable working with, and drawing meaningful conclusions from, quantitative data.
- Experience with managing marketing automation systems and designing, building, and deploying dynamic email marketing campaigns and more advanced customer journeys.
- Basic coding knowledge (HTML/CSS).
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong sense of design principles.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and other online shared document products.
- Must be able to work on multiple deadlines at one time.
- Strong organization, documentation, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.