Associate Producer, Meet the Press Daily
Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work closely with anchor, Chuck Todd and senior staff on political/editorial content of nightly showPitch, develop and write segments with a specific “MTP Daily” angleDetermine best sound and graphics to tell the storyWrite compelling copy for your segmentParticipate in daily staff editorial and production meetings
Every evening, from the MSNBC studios in Washington, D.C., veteran journalist Chuck Todd hosts a passionate hour of in-depth political analysis. MTP Daily brings the insight and power of Meet the Press to our air every day of the week featuring interviews with prominent politicians, newsmakers, and leaders.
Join the MTP Daily team as an associate producer and contribute daily by writing exceptional, compelling segments regarding political insight and newsworthy events of the day. This is a segment producer in training role.
Basic Qualification/ Eligibility Requirements:
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in live television news, politics or political journalism
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field
• Must be willing to work in Washington DC
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture. Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and angles, research, and plan segments
• Write and produce segments with speed and error free in newsroom environment
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements
• Prior experience covering the Presidential election cycles
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.