Photographer - Boston
Location: Newton, Massachusetts
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for shooting and editing high quality news stories for a competitive station in a top 10 market.Work cooperatively to conduct outstanding, well-produced live shots for multiple newscasts throughout a busy programming day with frequent deadlines.Maintain consistent, clear, and effective communication with managers, reporters, producers, and assignment editors as part of a fast-moving newsgathering team.Perform daily inventory of vehicle and equipment to ensure the integrity and functionality of all assigned gear.Assist ENG coordinators, editors, and producers through the quick ingest and distribution of recorded material to minimize time to air.Operate microwave and satellite trucks as well as cellular-bonded methods of transmissionEnsure safe and consistent operation of vehicles, recording, and transmission equipment daily. Including in inclement weather and other difficult conditions.Other duties as assigned.Ability to work well and cooperatively with many different types of people and personalities in the field and in the newsroomPunctual, regular and consistent attendance. Scheduling flexibility is a must.
• An expert understanding of video cameras, non-linear editing systems, and basic audio/video signal flow is absolutely required.
• Qualified applicants will have at least two years of shooting and editing experience in a competitive news environment.
• Qualified applicants must demonstrate an understanding of established quality control standards for video and audio.
• Previous experience with professional news gathering equipment. Knowledge of Panasonic P2 cameras and Edius and Adobe Premier editing platforms strongly preferred. Training will be offered to successful applicants.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Ability to work any shift in a 24/7 news environment including nights, weekends, overnights and holidays.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.